Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Week 3: Richer Learning Experiences

Skill-building Websites for Oral/Aural skills and Saving Bookmarks with Delicious

 Discussion

I have done my readings for week3 and found them  very useful. The website's title which I have chosen is "The Best Sites To Practice Speaking English & Pronunciation" and its URL is: http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2008/03/17/the-best-sites-to-practice-speaking-english/ Then I go for the Voki Home - http://www.voki.com/ - for the following reasons: first of all, it is a free service. Secondly,it is suitable for all ages and levels.Thirdly, Voki speaking avatars are great tools for the classroom. Teachers and students alike can create avatars and use them in a number of ways to make learning fun and more accessible. Fourth, it provides students with the opportunity to practice their speaking (and pronunciation) skills. Fifth, foreign language students can use Voki to practice, record and listen to their speech. Sixth, its ability to share "voki-videos" with others (students, teachers, parents, other classes).Finally, it has lesson plan and activities database.

Delicious Page  


By following the instructions about using Delicious.com, I have created my own Delicious page  and saved 27 bookmarks so far. I shared links from Courtney's Delicious page. I put the URL of my page on our class wiki, under Delicious Pages. I think it is a piece of cake. It is really delicious .  Here is the URL of my Delicious page:                                             

                                         https://delicious.com/hamzi1965


 Project Task 2 : Reading sample project reports 

I have gone through all of sample project reports from past Webskills classes and I chose to comment on the following:
Course's name: Building Teaching Skills through the Interactive Web. Project Report. University of Oregon.
Author's name: Nicolici Nadina Carmen.
Country: Romania.
Project's aim is to use Web 2( blog & other tools) in teaching 9th grade at the Technical College " Lorin Salagean", Drobeta-Turnu-Severin, Romania.


This project is organized in the following way. First, it is started by giving ditaled description of the learners and their sitting and needs. Secondly, the project's problem is given. Third, initial solutions and expected responses  are detected. Fourth, Students' response and reflections are noticed. Fifth, students' changes are recorded. Sixth, resources are cited. Finally, conclusion is made.
From my point view, this project is well-organized one in spite of its too much repeated information. I think I will take an advantage of its organization to write my own project.




 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ahmed,

    The sites you have discussed are good and useful. I have checked them out too.

    You have done quite a lot of bookmarks. You seemed to enjoy this a lot and I feel the same way too.

    Enjoy exploring

    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thank you for sharing so many useful links. I've gone through them, and have saved the ones which I plan to use in my class.

    All of you seem so technologically advanced...but, I'm learning, slowly and by the end of this course, hope to be somewhat technologically sound!

    I will be requiring the help of all of you, friends, in learning and exploring.

    Warm regards,
    Paramita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hamed,
    Your Delicious page is so Delicious. Thanks a lot.

    I will take advantage of it.

    Best regards,
    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete